Silent Auction Policy for 11-17-18
1. On Friday, Nov. 16 & early morning of Nov. 17, cattle will be grouped in pens and
identified with ear tags.
Videos of the cattle are posted on our farm website, but you
are welcome to come by the farm and view them in person.
2. On Sat. morning, Nov.17, you will need to register at the check-in desk, as an active
bidder, by filling out a bidder card.
3. Each animal for sale will have a clipboard on a designated table at the auction arena.
There will be a bidder’s sheet on each clipboard, where bidders will write down their
bidder number and the price they want to bid on that animal. This gives the bidder the
opportunity to bid, but not the obligation to bid. If you are the high bidder on the
bull/or/heifer of your choice, you are not required to buy the other bulls/or/heifers
that you had your bidder number on.
4. The minimum opening bid (base price) for each lot is printed on our website and will
also be on that animal’s individual bid sheet/clipboard.
5. Buyers may place a bid on any clipboard at any time throughout the morning, until the
silent bidding closes at 12 noon cst.
6. At 12:15 cst, animals with more than one bidder will be auctioned off in $100
increments, until a successful buyer is determined. This process will be repeated
on each animal with more than one bidder.
7. Cattle that do not receive a bid during the silent auction may be offered at the minimum
opening bid until Jan. 1, 2019.
Bill Freeman, Owner - 205-712-0671
15185 Co Rd 49
Vernon, AL 35592
This site created and maintained by CATTLE
Copyright © 2015 Cattle Today, Inc.